1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter on low heat.
2. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and milk, stirring to combine. Increase heat to medium (or perhaps just below medium). Mix and heat low and slow to make sure that the sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil. The longer you cook it the thicker it will be.
4. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla and cinnamon.
5. Serve warm or cold with apple slices, or drizzle over ice cream.