Monday, April 12, 2010

Hash Brown Quiche

I found this recipe in The Essential Mormon Cookbook by Julie Badger Jensen. There are a lot of simple homey recipes in there that I will share. This recipe is easy and delicious for any time of the day. My family likes it for dinner made in individual serving sizes. I use my jumbo muffin tins and they think its something fancy. We often throw in a few extra ingredients like onions, peppers, or mushrooms or even pepperjack cheese.



Hash Brown Quiche

8 uncooked shredded frozen hash browns or patties
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup cubed precooked ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
8 eggs
2 cups milk or cream
½ teaspoon salt

Place hash brown patties in a greased 9×13 inch pan. Pour melted butter evenly over the surface of potato patties. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. (at this point I us a fork and press the potatoes so that there at no gaps and the potatoes cover the bottom of the pan completely) Sprinkle potatoes with ham and cheese. In a large bowl beat eggs. Add milk or cream and salt. Pour mixture over cheeses and ham. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes ( I think it’s about 40 in my oven, just until a knife comes out clean) serves 8

No comments: