When I lived in Pocatello, I had some awesome neighbors. One in particular lived right next door just 10 steps away. We both had a love of cooking and baking that had us finding, and testing recipes together. This is a favorite that she's been asking me to blog since last January.. So without further ramblings.... Morgan, this ones for you... love and miss you my friend!
Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry
3 TBS cornstarch (divided)
1/2 cup water, plus 2 TBS water (divided)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 lb boneless round steak or chuck steak cut into thin 3 inch strips
2 TBS vegetable oil
4 cups broccoli florets
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 TBS brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
Hot cooked Rice
1. In large bowl, combine 2 TBS cornstarch, 2 TBS water and garlic powder until smooth.
2. Add beef and toss.
3. In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, stir-fry beef in 1 TBS oil until beef is cooked; remove and keep warm.
4. Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
5. Return beef to pan.
6. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger ad remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to pan.
7. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
8. Serve over rice.
photo from Campbells Kitchendaily.com